A graphical tool to manage your Screenlets.
Screenlets are small owner-drawn applications (written in Python) that can be described as "the virtual representation of things lying/standing around on your desk". Sticky notes, clocks, rulers, ... the possibilities are endless.
The goal of the Screenlets base-classes is to simplify the creation of fully themable mini-apps that each solve basic desktop-work-related needs and generally improve the usability and eye-candy of the modern composited Linux-desktop.
- Real applications, no HTML-"widgets"
- Easy to use, easy to develop
- Full compositing support
- Works with any composited X desktop (compiz, xfce4, ...)
- Works also on non-composited desktop
- Included ability to apply themes (SVG, PNG or mixed)
- Fully scalable when using SVGs
- Embedded drag&drop-support
- Automated storing of options (using ini or GConf)
- Controllable through customizable D-Bus service
- Can be used together with compiz' widget-plugin to create a Dashboard-like feature as seen on OS X
- Uses Cairo and GTK2 for drawing and windowing