back up eCryptfs Encrypted Home or Encrypted Private Configuration
zescrow-client provides the zescrow (formerly ecryptfs-escrow-private) utility, which can be used to upload a backup of an eCryptfs Encrypted Home or eCryptfs Encrypted Private configuration to a zEscrow compatible server.
zEscrow.gazzang.com is one such compatible server, an implementation of the AGPL free software available at https://launchpad.net/zEscrow.
- prompt for your chosen zEscrow server
- retrieve the public GPG key of that zEscrow server
- prompt for your login passphrase
- use your login passphrase to decrypt your mount passphrase
- create a tar archive of your ~/.ecryptfs directory and decrypted mount passphrase
- gpg encrypt that archive the your zEscrow server's public key
- upload your encrypted archive to your zEscrow server
- display a URL and offer to launch a browser, where you must go to associate a Google account and email address with your backup