Stock and commodity market charting and technical analysis
Qtstalker is a user friendly Technical Analysis package for GNU/Linux. It is similar to commercial software such as Metastock, Supercharts and Tradestation.
Qtstalker's features include:
- A point-and-click graphical user interface.
- Chart types include line, bar, candlestick, point and figure, swing.
- Chart objects: trendlines, buy/sell arrows, fibonacci retracement, text.
- Indicator plugins include MACD, MAs, Bollinger Bands, RSI and many more.
- Custom indicators can be composed without programming.
- Quote plugins download data from online sources like Yahoo, CME, NYBOT.
- Data import plugins for plain-text CSV files and MySQL databases.
- Intra-day, daily, weekly and monthly chart compression.
- Can manage stocks, futures, indices, ratios and spreads.
- Back testing function allowing indicator tests using actual chart data.
- Scanner to filter symbols based on a user defined formula.
- A basic portfolio manager. This package contains the main program and plugins. Documentation is in the qtstalker-doc package.
Qtstalker is 100% free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL. An active development community is continually adding new features. We appreciate your input towards creating a world-class GNU/Linux TA package. Please visit Qtstalker on Sourceforge.