This software allows for creating, viewing and manipulating surface reconstructions of the cerebral and cerebellar cortex, viewing volumes and for displaying experimental data on the surfaces and volumes. While Caret is primarily a GUI application with 'caret_command' there is also a versatile command line tool, that allows access to a substantial proportion of Caret's functionality.
Caret can download and use stereotaxic atlases (human, monkey, mouse and rat) from an open online database.
Some functionality of Caret is only available when additional data files, provided by the caret-data package, are available. This includes:
- Map volumes to surface via PALS atlas
- Multi-resolution morphing
- Projection of foci via PALS atlas
- Surface-based registration
- Surface flattening Currently the caret-data package is only available from the NeuroDebian repository. Please see http://neuro.debian.net for more imformation.