Molecular Graphics and Modelling System
Avogadro is a molecular graphics and modelling system targetted at molecules and biomolecules. It can visualize properties like molecular orbitals or electrostatic potentials and features an intuitive molecular builder.
- Molecular modeller with automatic force-field based geometry optimization
- Molecular Mechanics including constraints and conformer searches
- Visualization of molecular orbitals and general isosurfaces
- Visualization of vibrations and plotting of vibrational spectra
- Support for crystallographic unit cells
- Input generation for the Gaussian, GAMESS and MOLPRO quantum chemistry packages
- Flexible plugin architecture and Python scripting File formats Avogadro can read include PDB, XYZ, CML, CIF, Molden, as well as Gaussian, GAMESS and MOLPRO output.