text-based mailreader supporting MIME, GPG, PGP and threading
Mutt is a sophisticated text-based Mail User Agent. Some highlights:
- MIME support (including RFC1522 encoding/decoding of 8-bit message headers and UTF-8 support).
- PGP/MIME support (RFC 2015).
- Advanced IMAP client supporting SSL encryption and SASL authentication.
- POP3 support.
- ESMTP support.
- Message threading (both strict and non-strict).
- Keybindings are configurable, default keybindings are much like ELM; Mush and PINE-like ones are provided as examples.
- Handles MMDF, MH and Maildir in addition to regular mbox format.
- Messages may be (indefinitely) postponed.
- Colour support.
- Highly configurable through easy but powerful rc file.