3D modeling and animation
K-3D is designed from-the-ground-up to generate motion-picture-quality animation with RenderMan-compliant render engines (such as aqsis).
Some of its features are:
- Record and play back interactive tutorials and macros.
- Able to create and edit documents in multiple realtime OpenGL solid, shaded, texture-mapped views. You can even model, animate, and interact with animations while they play back.
- Unlimited Undos/Redos.
- Default output to Pixar Renderman Interface Bytestream (RIB) files.
- K-3D documents are stored using a simple, flexible, easy-to-understand XML markup.
- Scripting interface supports Python, with open API for other scripting languages.
- Plugin support through its architecture in ANSI C++ and GTK+.