BitTorrent client based on the KDE platform
This package contains KTorrent, a BitTorrent peer-to-peer network client, that is based on the KDE platform. Obviously, KTorrent supports such basic features as downloading, uploading and seeding files on the BitTorrent network. However, lots of other additional features and intuitive GUI should make KTorrent a good choice for everyone. Some features are available as plugins hence you should make sure you have the ones you need enabled.
- Support for HTTP and UDP trackers, trackerless DHT (mainline) and webseeds.
- Alternative UI support including Web interface and Plasma widget.
- Torrent grouping, speed capping, various download prioritization capabilities on both torrent and file level as well as bandwidth scheduling.
- Support for fetching torrent files from many sources including any local file or remote URL, RSS feeds (with filtering) or actively monitored directory etc.
- Integrated and customizable torrent search on the Web.
- Various security features like IP blocking and protocol encryption.
- Disk space preallocation to reduce fragmentation.
- uTorrent compatible peer exchange.
- Autoconfiguration for LANs like Zeroconf extension and port forwarding via uPnP.
- Scripting support via Kross and interprocess control via DBus interface.
- SOCKSv4 and SOCKSv5 proxy, IPv6 support.
- Lots of other useful built-in features and plugins.