source browsing and editing environment
KScope is a graphical front-end to Cscope. It provides a source browsing and editing environment for large C projects. KScope is focused on source editing and analysis.
KScope is built around an efficient mechanism for code-navigation, which allows the user to run queries on the code.
The types of queries KScope can run include:
- Get all references to a symbol
- Find the definition of a symbol
- Find all functions called by or calling to a function
- Find an EGrep pattern
- Find all files #including some file These queries are handled by an underlying Cscope process. KScope simply serves as a front-end to this process, feeding it with queries, and parsing its output into result lists. The items in those lists can later be selected to open an editor at the matching line.
- Multiple editor windows (using your favourite editor)
- Project management
- Front-end to most Cscope queries
- Tag list for every open editor
- Call-tree window
- Session management, including saving and restoring queries
- Works with externally-built cscope.out files