graphical debugger interface
KDbg is a graphical user interface to gdb, the GNU debugger. It provides an intuitive interface for setting breakpoints, inspecting variables, stepping through code and much more. KDbg requires KDE but you can of course debug any program.
KDbg can also debug XSLT (XML stylesheet translation) scripts by interfacing with xsldbg. For this the package kxsldbg must be installed.
Features include the following:
- Inspection of variable values in a tree structure.
- Direct member: For certain compound data types the most important member values are displayed next to the variable name, so that it is not necessary to expand the subtree of that variable in order to see the member value. KDbg can also display Qt's QString values, which are Unicode strings.
- Debugger at your finger tips: The basic debugger functions (step, next, run, finish, until, set/clear/enable/disable breakpoint) are bound to function keys F5 through F10. Quick and easy.
- View source code, search text, set program arguments and environment variables, display arbitrary expressions.
- Debugging of core dumps, attaching to running processes is possible.
- Conditional breakpoints.