spreadsheet application for GNOME - main program
Gnumeric is a spreadsheet application that interoperates well with other spreadsheets. It comes with plugins that enable it to deal with commonly used spreadsheet file formats.
The following formats can be imported and exported:
- Microsoft Excel 97/2000/XP (.xls);
- Microsoft Excel 95 (.xls);
- OASIS XML, OpenOffice.org XML, StarOffice (.sxc);
- Comma/Character Separated Values (.csv);
- Data Interchange Format (.dif);
- Applix version 4 (.as). Additionally, the following formats can be imported:
- GNU Oleo (.oleo);
- Linear and integer program expression format (.mps);
- Lotus 1-2-3 (.wks, .wk1);
- MS MultiPlan SYLK (.sylk);
- WordPerfect family "Plan Perfect" (.pln);
- Quattro Pro (tm);
- XSpread or SC;
- XBase (.dbf). Gnumeric can export to LaTeX 2e (.tex), TROFF (.me) and HTML as well.
Gnumeric should be easy to use, in particular for users familiar with Excel.
Gnumeric is a GNOME application. GNOME (GNU Network Object Model Environment) is a user-friendly set of applications and desktop tools to be used in conjunction with a window manager for the X Window System.