The Free Unix Spectrum Emulator (GTK+ version)
Fuse is a Sinclair ZX Spectrum emulator. It supports several models (including 16K/48K/128K/+2/+2A/+3 and some clones), with quite faithful emulation of the display and sound.
Its features include:
- Accurate Spectrum 16K/48K/128K/+2/+2A/+3 emulation.
- Working Spectrum +3e and SE, Timex TC2048, TC2068 and TS2068, Pentagon 128, "512" (Pentagon 128 with extra memory) and 1024 and Scorpion ZS 256 emulation.
- Runs at true Speccy speed on any computer you're likely to try it on.
- It can load Z80, SZX and SNA snapshots, TAP and TZX virtual-tape files (including accelerated loading), MDR microdrive images and DSK floppy disk images, among many others.
- Built-in debugger.
- Emulation of most of the common joysticks used on the Spectrum (including Kempston, Sinclair and Cursor joysticks).
- Emulation of some of the printers you could attach to a Spectrum.
- Support for the RZX input recording file format, including rollback and 'competition mode'.
- Recording of movies to FMF files.
- Emulation of the DivIDE, Interface I, Kempston mouse, Spectrum +3e, ZXATASP, ZXCF, Beta 128, Opus Discovery, +D, Spectranet, SpeccyBoot, SpecDrum and DISCiPLE interfaces. This package provides binaries for the GTK+ version of Fuse.