A fancy interface to the python interpreter!
bpython is a fancy interface to the Python interpreter, and has the following features:
- In-line syntax highlighting.
- Readline-like autocomplete with suggestions displayed as you type
- Expected parameter list for any Python function. Uses pydoc to attempt to divine params for C functions.
- "Rewind" function to pop the last line of code from memory and re-evaluate. Note: this is only really useful when laying out classes and functions, since a true "undo" function is impossible, so be careful when using this.
- Send the code you've entered off to a pastebin and display the pastebin URL for copying, etc.
- Save the code you've entered to a file.
- Anti-Crash Mode. This package contains the Curses frontend to bpython.