client for the eD2k and Kad networks, like eMule
aMule is a peer-to-peer file sharing application, designed to connect to the eDonkey and Kad networks. It has a wide range of features, including many of the original eMule client, like:
- online signature, source exchange, compressed transfers, secure identification, and IP filter support
- boolean search, which can be local, global, or in the Kad network
- checks against aggressive clients
- slot allocation, to decide the number of remote clients
- systray works well both in GNOME and KDE
- translations to many languages A daemonized version of the application that does not need a graphic environment to run is available in the amule-daemon package, and various utilities of interest can be found in the amule-utils and amule-utils-gui packages, including the ed2k link handler.